Richard Lederer’s Books
Just out, Amazing Words is Richard Lederer’s career-capping anthology of bedazzling, beguiling, and bewitching words. Paul Dickson, author of more than 50 books about language and other subjects says, ” Richard Lederer has outdone Richard Lederer. Amazing Words is clever, compelling, and totally captivating. This book is for anyone and everyone who loves the English language. It is one of a dozen books I would select to take along if I were exiled to a desert island.” Trade paperback @ $14.00.
Just out, American Trivia: What We All Should Know About U.S. History, Culture & Geography, with Caroline McCullagh). More than 90 illustrations enliven the panoramic history of our great nation-from how America got its name to our favorite foods, movies, and sports. Trade paperback @ $10.00.
Applauding the true heroes of the classroom, A Tribute to Teachers, by Dr. Richard Lederer, sings a chorus of praise for the teachers who change lives one day and one lesson at a time. The reader will meet the great teachers through history, as well as teachers in literature, film, and even in comic strips.
A Tribute to Teachers presents compelling statistics to prove that teachers really do make a difference. In addition, a collection of side-splitting jokes and puns from the English classroom to the Math classroom celebrate members of the most unheralded, exhausting, income-challenged, and ultimately rewarding of all professions. Chapters include “Why Teachers Matter,” “The Classroom Lives of Real Teachers,” “Students Say the Darnedest Things,” and “A Teacher’s Legacy.”
Super Funny Animal Jokes and Wild & Wacky Animal Jokes
Rip Roaring Animal Jokes and Cleverly Comical Animal Jokes
In his Animal Jokes series, Richard Lederer will make your child (8-12 years of age) cackle, howl, roar, and screech with laughter at more than 500 animal jokes. The pages are enlivened by Jim McLean’s sprightly illustrations. Signed and personally inscribed @ $8.00 each, plus postage.
How do you know when it’s raining cats and dogs?
When you step in a poodle.
Why are skunks so smart?
They make a lot of scents.
The Gift of Age
“There is only one way to live a long life, and that is to age. And there is only one way to age?with a smile. If you are able to laugh at yourself, you?ll never cease to be amused. After all, you?re only old once.”
–from the Introduction to The Gift of Age
The Gift of Age: With and Wisdom, Information and Inspiration for the Chronologically Endowed, and Those Who Will Be (Marion Street Press). In the pages of this book, set in 14-point type, I explore the great adventure of growing older. It is, perhaps, the most joyful book I have ever written. I will be pleased to provide, @ $14, any signed and inscribed copies you wish to acquire for yourself, your family, and your friends.
A Treasury for Dog Lovers and A Treasury for Cat Lovers (Howard Books). I would be delighted to send you signed and personally inscribed copies of either or both of these books $14.00 for each book. Check below for how to order.
Presidential Trivia: The Feats, Fates, Families, Foibles, and Firsts of Our American Presidents (Gibbs Smith). Newly Expanded and Updated version of PRESIDENTIAL TRIVIA, which includes fascinating facts about Barack Obama. Hundreds of intriguing firsts, mosts, onlys, patterns, and quizzes about our presidents, vice presidents, and first ladies. You?ll have fun learning a lot about their lives (even their medical records and their pets), their accomplishments, and their roles in American history. Trade paperback @ $10.00.
- American Trivia (what we all should know about our great nation) $10.00
- Presidential Trivia (fascinating facts about our presidents) $10.00
- A Tribute to Teachers (in praise of teachers) $13.00
- The Gift of Age (wit and wisdom, information and inspiration) $14.00
- A Treasury for Cat Lovers (in praise of cats) $14.00
- A Treasury for Dog Lovers (in praise of dogs) $14.00
- Amazing Words (an anthology of fascinating words) $14.00
- Word Wizard (the best of Richard Lederer) $14.00
- A Man of My Words (reflections on the English language) $14.00
- Crazy English (a joyride through English) $14.00
- The Play of Words (educational word games) $14.00
- The Miracle of Language (a hymn of praise to English) $14.00
- Anguished English (bloopers) $10.00
- More Anguished English (bloopers) $8.00
- Fractured English (bloopers) $14.00
- The Bride of Anguished English (bloopers) $14.00
- The Revenge of Anguished English (bloopers) $14.00
- Get Thee to a Punnery (classic puns) $10.00
- The Cunning Linguist (good clean dirty wordplay) $14.00
- The Ants are my Friends (a concert of musical punchlines) $10.00
- The Giant Book of Animal Jokes (4,509 beastly puns) $14.00
- Puns Spooken Here (Halloween lore and puns) $8.00
- Have a Punny Christmas (Christmas lore and puns) $8.00
- Pun & Games (word play for children 9-13) $10.00
- The Circus of Words (letter play for children 9-13) $14.00
- Super Funny Animal Jokes (for children 8-12) $8.00
- Wild & Wacky Animal Jokes (for children 8-12) $8.00
- Rip Roaring Animal Jokes (for children 8-12) $8.00
- Cleverly Comical Animal Jokes (for children 8-12) $8.00
- Animal Crackers, Junior (for children 7-8) $8.00
- Hilarious Holiday Jokes (for children 8-12) $8.00
- The Write Way (a guide to real-life writing) $14.00
- Sleeping Dogs Don’t Lay (advice for the grammatically challenged) $14.00
- Comma Sense (a fun-damental guide to punctuation) $11.00
- The Word Circus (making the alphabet dance) $14.00
- The Big Book of Word Play Crosswords (100 original puzzles) $14.00
- Literary Trivia (stories and games for book lovers) $8.00
- Classic Literary Trivia (Bible, mythology, Shakespeare) $8.00
How to Order
Decide the books you wish to order. If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me. Write your name, address, titles, and quantity of each book you’d like sent. Be sure to include instructions for inscriptions (to whom and message) for each of your selections.
Include $2.00 for the first book and $.50 for each additional book for Media Mail (a.k.a. book rate) postage (within the U.S. and Canada). If outside North America, contact me by e-mailto determine appropriate postage charges.
I accept Master Card and Visa. Indicate the type of card you hold, your account number, security code, and the expiration date. Print your name exactly as it is shown on your credit card. Include your postal address, your e-mail address and a phone/fax number. Specify the total dollar amount you authorize for the purchase.
You may pay by check or money order — in U.S. funds only, please. For checks originating outside the U.S., include a $10.00 bank processing fee. California residents add 7.75% tax.
Send your order and payment to: